I just wanted to start off saying thank you to everyone on this board. I just bought a 04' Speedster off a private owner with about 50 hrs of use. With the help of this board I think I hit the jackpot with the type of boat.
I just took it out this weekend and what a blast I had. I live off the coast of Sarasota, Florida. The coast line has a interstate of intercoastal waters, with bays and beaches. This weekend was the 2005' Grand prix off shore races, so you can imagine the amount of boats, I am talking in the thousands.
I just wanted to post a few of the minor problems and questions I had while observing this weekend.
1. I had a constant problem with a pull to the left when throttled. I had to keep my steering wheel cranked a 1/4 turn the right to keep the boat straight.
2. Living in the salt water, what should I do to keep this boat maintained. I am very picky when it comes to taking care of my things, so I want to do it right.
So far the boat is out of the water, so I flushed it of course and washed it down well, I also took a silicon and sprayed everything metal. Any other suggestions?
3. My back right speaked did not work, also when at idle and moving slowly the radio picks up no stations.
4. Is the speedo very accurate? I topped 45 mph, I thought 55 was more realistic.
That's all my questions for now. Overall I had a great ride and was very pleased with the detail and strength of the boat. Thanks again-- David
TabooMember Since 26 Jun 2005
Offline Last Active Sep 27 2005 12:28 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 1
- Profile Views 2,972
- Member Title Novice
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Year of DOO
Model of DOO
Engine in DOO
Twin Rotax 4-TEC
Hours on DOO