Bigger Gas Tank
Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:15 PM
I'd like to have more gas, as my fuel consumption has been soemwhat high after installing a fresh water shower (40 gallons of fresh water).
The waters where I usually use the boat almost always have 15-20 mph winds and 4-6 foot swells, so I really use gas. Currently it is giving me about 50 miles per tank under these conditios, which is not bad, but would feel safer with more gas..
Anybody knows if the Islandia tank will fit the Utopia 205?
Anybody knows of any aftermarket solutions?
Thanks in advanced!
Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:47 PM
Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:51 PM
Thought about it, but before doing that proyect I would like to find out if anybody has done it before, and if there are any aftermarket or factory kits.
Have you thought about making some custom tanks for your boat? My boss and I were talking last week about gas consumption and he mentioned he had two tanks custom made for his 18' runabout with individual shut off, etc.
Thanks for the reply.
Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:28 AM
Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:23 AM
Couple of reasons:
just out of curiosity why a jet boat if your gen boating area has such big swells - surely a rib would have been a better bet????? i guess it must be flat sometimes??
1. Love the jet technology;
2. Still at 20' the Utopia is completely trailable and launchable by only 1 person;
3. My wife works at the dealer...you cannot beleive the difference between retail and wholesale price;
4. Great sky boat, and yes, it is flat sometimes;
5. At only 1 feet of draft, it allows me to get to any reef I go to surf to;
6. It's a family boat when flat, surfing boat when not flat;
7. The navegation is comparable to any other boat of the same size, after putting in the Place Diverter Trim Tab, and with the 325 punds of added weigh at the middle (the 40 gallons of water). It really break the waves!!!
Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:02 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users