I have had the boat for 2 years. I just wish we had bought a Challenger...
Anyway, I have a few questions that some of you may think are really basic, but I still consider myself a noob when it comes to any electrical or hull questions.
- Since the radio and speakers are installed on this boat, if I have the radio on while driving the boat, will it deplete the battery? I was told by my uncle (the guy that sold me the boat) to not use the radio and just bring along a boom-box. Boom-boxes get wet and why have a radio and speakers installed if the battery can't handle it?
- The storage area below the windscreen is not draining, the cooler also doesn't drain when the ice melts, and when pop the trunk, or storage area in the back, there is a hole there to, but I have to shop-vac that area also. I went to plug in the battery charger tonight and there was a foot of water in the storage area beneath the windscreen. Also, if this storage area has a name, I can't seem to find it anywhere. There is a black tube-ish container in there for the fire extinguisher and tools. It looks like the drain is beneath it, but I can't take it out. What am I supposed to do here?
- When I plug in the battery charger at night, the light is red, meaning that it needs to be charged. When I get up and check it, the light is never green. It has worked fine for over 2 years, so what is the deal with the charger? Do I need a new battery or something, or is this normal?
- Where is the bilge pump located? When I bring the boat home after an afternoon of boating, I have to get my shop-vac and suck all of the water out of the engine compartment. Albeit, it isn't a lot and nothing is underwater, but if I turn the bilge pump on, where does it pump water out of? Actually, I tried turning it on today but I couldn't hear anything.
- Just what are those holes in the side of my boat for? Not holes like somebody shot it. I thought a couple of years ago I saw water pouring out of one while I was loading it up onto the trailer.
- The 12 volt outlet wan't working, so I took out the glovebox and saw that not only were the wires not connected, but the outlet was just rolling around. How can I remove this part of the boat so I can easily replace or repair the 12 volt outlet? Also, is it a proprietary part for this boat or can I go to Fleet Farm and buy one for $6.99? I would like to have it so that we can inflate some towables while on the boat. I asked the dealer if it could be fixed, and they said it would be $120.
- What is the easiest way to keep rain water out of your boat with the cover on? I have the factory cover and I bought a rain tower thing to raise part of the cover up so water won't pool in it. This is almost impossible to use because when I tighten the boat cover, it always falls down unless I have someone tighten the cover while I hold it in place the best I can through the boat cover. I thought the cover would keep the rain out, but like I said in question 2, I had that area beneath the windscreen full of water.
That's pretty much it for now.
Thanks for the answers in advance.