BRP BUDS2 MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit can be used for diagnostic of all 4-TEC/E-TEC BRP vehicles 2002-2018+:
- PWC and Sport Boats SeaDoo.
- Snowmobiles Skidoo and Lynx.
- All Can Am vehicles (ATV, SSV, Roadster Spyder).
Diagnostic kit works in conjunction with BUDS and BUDS2.
B.U.D.S. (BRP Utility and Diagnostic Software) is a comprehensive diagnostic software.
BRP BUDS2 MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit includes:
- MPI-3 Interface (p/n 529036353) - is used for diagnosis of *all BRP vehicles 1996-2018+;
- Diagnostic Cable (p/n 710000851) - is used for connection of MPI Interface to 4-TEC/E-TEC vehicles;
- Software BUDS and BUDS2 (links for downloading);
- License for BUDS2 (used for servicing of models 2017/18+);
- **Free access to our FTP server (recent versions of BUDS2, Instructions, Service Manuals for BRP vehicles, bulletins, etc.);
- Free License Megatech 10 years for BUDS L3.3.11 and BUDS E3.8.2 (used for servicing of *all BRP models 1996-2016/17).
- (option) DESS 4-TEC Interface - is intended for add/erase DESS-keys on 4-TEC models SeaDoo/Skidoo;
- (option) Kit Power Interface (BRP p/n 515177223 + p/n 529035997). BRP strongly recommends the use of the power interface (515177223) and power supply cable (529035997) to stabilize the unit voltage when using BUDS2 during software updates.
There are several types of licenses (validity 1, 2, 5 and 10 years) you can choose to buy together with this kit:
- BUDS1 Free License Megatech 10 years = servicing of *all BRP models 1996-2016/17.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician SeaDoo = servicing of PWC SeaDoo MY2016+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician Skidoo = servicing of snowmobiles Skidoo and Lynx MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician ATV = servicing of ATV Can-Am MY2018+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician SSV = servicing of SSV Can-Am MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician Roadster = servicing of tricycles Can-Am Roadster Spyder MY2017+.
- BUDS2 All Dealers Technicians Can-Am = servicing of all Can-Am vehicles (ATV + SSV + Spyder) 2017/2018+.
- BUDS2 All Dealers Technician = servicing of all BRP vehicles (SeaDoo + Skidoo/Lynx + All Can Am) 2016-2018+
- BUDS2 Mechatronic Expert = most powerful license, covers all BRP vehicles 2016/18 and after. This license is intended for advanced configuration of the vehicle's electronic modules, as well for recovering after update faults.
Using BRP BUDS2 MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit and BUDS2 with license "Dealer Technician" you can make the following procedures:
- Edit vehicle information;
- Test, add or remove DESS keys;
- Adjust engine parameters;
- Activate module outputs;
- Stop the engine;
- Monitor vehicle parameters;
- Troubleshoot vehicle faults;
- Replace a module;
- Update module software and/or calibration data;
- Read and reset historical data;
- Save vehicle information to disk;
- Print vehicle information.
In addition to the basic capabilities of the license "Dealer Technician", the license "Mechatronic Expert" allows you to do the following:
- Change the VIN and MODEL numbers (is useful after ECU replacing);
- View stories in hours, rather than percentage;
- Enable/disable DESS (start vehicle with any key (except Roadster Spyder);
- Change the DESS key type in two clicks (normal, learning, rental);
- Clear the ECM history (is useful after ECU replacing);
- Change Total Vehicle Hours (SeaDoo);
- View more information blocks;
- Edit injector's coefficient for E-TEC Skidoo;
- Enable/disable vehicle’s options/modules/sensors;
- Increase the power of Spark 60 hp up to 90 hp.
The differences between license levels "Dealer Technician" and "Mechatronic Expert" can be seen in the comparison table.
BUDS2 software is updated periodically. New versions includes support for new models, updates for electronic modules and updates of the diagnostic software.
All needed software (current and subsequent versions of BUDS and BUDS2) can be downloaded from our FTP server, access to which is available for our customers during the validity period of the purchased license.
* - For diagnostics of old 2-stroke models of SeaDoo and Skidoo (Carb., DI, RFI) is needed to use an additional units - DESS Post Interface (p/n 529036019) and DESS Adapter (p/n 529035904), which are not included in this diagnostic kit. DESS Post Interface is discontinued and is no longer available.
** - Access to folders on the server is limited to the type of license that you will select for purchase with the diagnostic kit.