Well kinda, I have a 1980 Glastron SSV-168 with an I/O 120, I spent the better part of last winter restoring this boat, new floor, new seats, cd player ect. It runs nice but since riding in my friends 98 SeaRayder, I wanted a jet boat. I sold my jetskis 2 years ago to get into full sized boating, almost immediately I missed the skis, spinning around like a top, the speed, so needless to say I wanted to get back into it. Last week my friend called me about a couple that just had a baby and wanted to trade their jetboat in for a more family oriented boat. I called them and they were thrilled to hear about my boat, they fell in love with it. The boat they would be trading me is a 1995 Speedster with the twin 80's. Its in near mint condition, good compression on all clynders, and starts like new.
Here is my questions.
1. How reliable are these boats, I boat ALOT durning the summer months and having a broken boat would hurt bad.
2. Anything I should know about these, things to look out for, common problems.
3. I know how much trouble 1 engine can be, with 2 I am nervous that I may have constant problems with either engine. Is this the case, or do they tend to be fairly reliable?
4. Do you think its an even trade? Am I getting the shaft? My boat is almost 30 years old and has 900 hours on it, it looks pretty but 30 years on the water can hurt a boat. This is a strait across deal, what do you think?
5. Last question, the steering wheel is cracked on the boat, where can I get another, and how do I get it off. It doesn't have to be a factory wheel.
Thanks for your help guys.
About to buy a boat!
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users