Are you changing your oil by your self?
I found this on the net... it seems to me good!??
Here are the steps to a good oil change.
Parts and tools needed: OIL/FILTER/Suction pump/rags/funnel/E-10 torx socket.
1. Go to dealer and get a new filter. (he will lighten your wallet for you).
2. Get 4 quarts (or litres) of either Sea-Doo's 4 stroke Conventional oil or any conventional 10W40 from a auto store for 10 billion X less.
3. Warm up the ski, either in the water or on the hose. (not more than 5 minutes on the hose, just enough to warm it up)
3A. note about on the hose:connect the garden hose, start the ski, then turn on the water and warm up the ski. Turn off the hose then the ski. *never run without the hose for more than 30 seconds as the exhaust manifold has no cooling and could be warped)
4. Rev to 4000 rpm and press stop with it at 4000 to get the oil to the pan.
4a. Let ski sit for 5 min to let oil drain back.
5. Remove Dipstick and set it aside. Remove oil fill cap
6. Insert Oil suction pump tube into the oil dipstick tube no more than 18.7 inches (mark it with a perm marker or tape)
7. pump out as much oil as you can (about 3 quarts will come out)
8. REMOVE the suction pump tube.
9. Hold the trottle at WOT and crank the engine for 10 seconds. (this turns off the start function and pumps more oil back to the resevoir for pick up)
10. Reinstall the suction pump hose and suck out more oil.
11. repeat steps 8 to 10, 3 times then remove suction pump.
12. Place wrag around oil filter housing to catch any spill (very little)
13. remove torx bolt from top of oil filter can (plastic on early skis, metal on newer ones)
14. gently pry the cap off the oil filter can, use a non metal tool so you don't scratch the lid or can.
15. lift oil filter out of can, be sure what comes out looks like what your putting back in (incase the bottom of the filter stuck in the can, rare)
16. install the new filter in the can as the old one was.
17. check the O-ring on the cap and if its not damaged from the cap removal, reinstall the cap,be sure not to catch an o-ring. Tighten the bolt to only 80 inch/lbs.
18. if your oil was at the corect level before pumping it out, poor it into a semi tranpartent 4 quart/litre jug and see how much you pumped out. (some pumps show you how much so you can skip this step)
19. put funnel into oil fill and add oil to the amount you pumped out.
20. reinstall dipstick and oil fill cap.
21. start engine and hose and check for leaks. (run for 2 minutes at idle)
22. wait 30 seconds and check your oil level.
23. if too much, remove dipstick and suck out a little and repeat steps 21 and 22.
24. check all hoses, clamps, connectors at this time.
25. Your done!
*** never crank the engine with the siphon pump tube in the dip stick!!**
Ski must be level to change the oil, if on a trailer, put a level on the bump strip on the side of the ski, and tilt the trailer untill its level.
Oil change for 4TEC
1 reply to this topic
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users